The A.M. Qattan Foundation (AMQF) is an independent, not-for-profit developmental organization working in the fields of culture and education, with a particular focus on children, teachers and young artists. Founded and registered in 1993 in the UK as a charity (no 1029450) and as a charitable company limited by guarantee (no 2171893), it has had a registered branch in Palestine as a non-profit organization (no QR-0035-F) since 1998. The Foundation’s operations are mainly in Palestine, with interventions in Lebanon through Selat: Links Through the Arts, and in the United Kingdom through The Mosaic Rooms.
Branding is an organization's most direct way to convey its mission. Your brand is your promise to the recipient of your services. It tells the audience what they can expect, showing them how you are different from other organizations. The brand should be a direct representation of what The Foundation is, what it wants to be, and how you want to be perceived. The A.M. Qattan Foundation cannot be all things to all people. Therefore, The Foundation gains clarity in its mission when it selects exactly what is wants to be in the community. The slogan, "Serving Culture and Education in Palestine and The Arab World" is a major branding element that communicates what The Foundation does and why it exists. Branding also enables consistency. This branding and writing manual allows the A.M. Qattan Foundation to ensure consistent representation across all locations and programmes. The aim of this manual is to unify and harmonize the visual identify of the A.M. Qattan Foundation, while still allowing room for creativity. This visual unity adds value by increasing efficiency internally, enabling The Foundation to better achieve its mission externally.
THIS BRANDING MANUAL CONTAINS FOUR ELEMENTS:
1. The A.M. Qattan Foundation graphic identity - most notably the official logo and colors.
2. Templates for both internal and external communication.
• The stationary templates are official templates, respective to programmes and branches, to be used across The Foundation
• However, audiovisual and event branding templates should serve merely as starting points, enabling creativity
3. Guidance on the use of photographs and types of photographs that are suitable for A.M. Qattan Foundation dissemination and publication.
4. Guidelines for producing communications materials, for social media use and for the use of media production templates.